In the industrial area
Foro de Protección Radiológica en el Área Industrial
Representatives of the industrial X-ray sector, the Spanish Society for Radiation Protection and the Spanish Nuclear Safety Council created a forum on radiological protection in the industrial area on 27th November 2007. Its activities encompass those related to the radiological protection in the non-nuclear industrial sector that uses ionising radiations. To date, its activities have focused on industrial radiography and gammagraphy since these present greater radiological risks. Its mission is:
• To facilitate a permanent dialogue with professionals in the industrial sector to improve safety and radiological protection in radioactive facilities.
• To set up joint working methods to explore ways and means to implement improvements in working procedures and practices.
The following topics have been addressed:
• Planning of industrial radiography works in the field to prepare a procedure for planning tasks that serves as a methodology guide so that each radioactive facility that carries out mobile gammagraphy activities develops its own procedure in this respect.
• Gammagraphy emergencies, to prepare a video that serves as an aid for continuous training to be given to operators and assistants in these facilities.
• Continuous training of operations personnel to develop the minimum content of training programmes that must be received by the personnel in the facility, at least biennially.